Teerthanker Mahaveer University
Rules And Regulations of Library
Every student of the University has access to the Central Library as well as College Libraries. Students have to observe the following rules:
- 1. Entry to the library is through identity Card.
- 2. Every student shall be issued one library card on which student shall be entitled to get specified number of book(s) issued from the library. The book shall have to be returned to the library on or before the due date and in case due date falls on nonworking day the book can be returned on the next working day without fine.
- 3. In case of loos of library card, the student must inform the librarian about the same new card issued on payment of Rs. 100/-
- 4. In case a student has lost a book issued to him/her, s/he should immediately from the librarian, in that case only the replacement cost shall be charged, failing which the replacement cost of the book along with the applicable fine shall be charged from the student
- 5. The librarian reserve the right to ask any student to return the book(s) back to the library any time.
- 6. It is the duty of the borrower of the book to maintain the book in good condition failing which s/ he can be asked to pay the current price/ purchases price of the book.
- 7. Students are not allowed to bring their personal books and other belongings to the library. They are further advised to take due care of their valuable items such as mobile phones, electronic gadgets, jewellery etc, including cash and other valuables. The university shall not be responsible for any loss or theft in any way.
- 8. Library is a place to read, write & learn, requiring absolute silence and peace. Anyone violating this principle shall be fined and can be debarred from access to the library in future.
- 9. Student should follow the instruction of the library staff and cooperate with them for better quality services.
- 10. Internet facility is available for furtherance of academic pursuits. Browsing of pornographic pages/websites, playing games, online chatting etc. Are serious offences, defaulters are liable to be fined to the extent of Rs. 1000/- and debarred from further use of the library services. The students should not change the setting and display of the computers available in the library.
- 11. All items taken into and out of the library are subject to security check.
- 12. Use of cell phone is prohibited in the library. Cell phone must be switch off or alternatively silent mode while in the library.
- 13. Reader shall not mutilate or deface or write anything on the books, other sources of study or the furniture. Defaulter may be subject to be a fine to the extent of the replacement cost of the book or Rs. 500/- whichever is higher.
- 14. Library fine shall be collected by the librarian. In case of any grievance, the student may be approach the Principal/ HOD, whose decision shall be final and binding on the student.
- 15. Students are advised to not leave that book at the study table after reading but surrender them at the counter.
- 16. Library follows the system of reserving the book and books shall accordingly be issued.
- 17. Students can suggest standard books / journals for procurement in the library.
- 18. Students are required to the follow the rules as framed time to time.
Library Is The Heart Of Any Educational Organisation.
We All Are Responsble For Its Regular & Proper
Functioning And Maintenance.
Dr. Mohammad Nasir