Sports and fitness is an integral part of the University which provides a network of facilities, inducing opportunities for sports participation at all levels, and provides a chance to its students to take part in a wide range of sports pursuits. Services of the students of the University are sought for various inter school, district, state and national level tournaments as officials and referees in Volleyball, Tennis Cricket and Marshal Arts. State-of- the-art sports facilities are available in the University to ensure all round development of the students.
Besides sports facilities various sports labs like Anatomy, physiology & health education. Human performance, Physiotherapy, Athletic Care & Rehabilitation and Sports Psychology Laboratory. Outdoor are also in place in the University.
The clinic provides a range of services to help manage pain, improve performance and prevent injury. It offers physiotherapy, osteopathy and sports massage.
The University has a provision of special diet plan for the sports-persons according to the requirement of the type of sports. The plan is provided to the various messes of the University which takes care of the special dietary requirements of the sports-persons.
In order to attract and reward the talented sports persons as well as enhance the standards of sports, sports scholarship is being offered for the various programs being offered in the University except a few. For details refer to the scholarship policy of the University.
Sports Infrastructure of the University
The University provides a combination of outdoor and indoor opportunities including facilities for cricket, football, basketball, volleyball etc. to the sports enthusiasts.
Outdoor Sports Facilities
- The University has a Cricket stadium and pavilion par excellence. Twenty turf wickets of the University comply with the international standards and have hosted prestigious tournaments like Ranaji Trophy and Cooch Behar Tournament.
- There is a football field in the campus which recently witnessed the participation of eighteen teams in Inter Region Football Championship leading to selections in the prestigious Santosh Trophy.
- There are facilities for kho-kho, hockey and kabaddi.
- Facilities for combative sports are in place in the University.
- Sports facilities for track and field athletics are available in the University which are used for daily training as well as for staging regional or local competitions. There is a 400m standard track used for athletics.