The faculty and students of college of nursing organised SWACHTHA ABIYAN to create awareness on environment sanitation in the village sarkadakamal by organizing a rally and cleanliness drive on 19.09.2017. As a part of school health programme ‘Education on Personal Hygiene and Environmental Sanitation’ was implemented for the students of Primary School Sarakada Kamal, Amroha District, on 19.09.2017 from 10.00 am to 11.30 pm. Later Physical assessment was done for all the students of the school. The chief guest for the programme was panchayat President Mr. Surender Singh and guest of honor was Mr. Preettham singh, Principal Primary school Sarkadakamal. This program was planned & organized under the guidance of Mr. Prabhu John. Department of Community health nursing.
Health education was provided by Ms. Nikitha, Ms. Kaikasha, & Ms. Neelam BSc IVth Year student regarding effects of lack of Personal Hygiene and Environmental sanitation, and highlighted on hand washing technique and brushing technique, environmental sanitation & prevention of various diseases.
Nursing students conducted complete physical assessment of all the school students who were 38 in numbers, and analysed the health status of the children’s.
The Principal and the panchayat president presented the gifts to the school students which was sponsored by the BSc Nursing final year students.
Vote of thanks was given by Mr. Ashis, IV year BSC Nursing students.
Around 36 school children and 3 teachers of Primary school sarkadakamal Village, Amroha District was present in the programme.
The findings of the Physical assessment of the school students are as follows: -
The health problems identified are as follows:-
- Dental caries of 14 students was diagnosed. Among them 8 of them had secondary dental caries.
- 4 childrens had minor injuries.
- 1 child had fever.
- One child was falling under mild protein energy malnutrition as per BMI-17
The action taken by the student nurses for identified problems: -
- Childrens with secondary dental caries was referred to TMH&RC for construction and filling.
- Wound dressing was done for the childrens with minor injuries.
- Child with fever was referred to nearby PHC through the principal.
- The principal was informed about the mild protein energy malnutrition, and requested to inform their parents. Further the address was taken to visit the childs house for providing the health education on nutrition.
The School principal and teachers said that ‘the programme was good and it was useful. They were requested for such programmes should be organised in the future. They expressed their happiness and gratitude towards the services of Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Nursing, Teerthaker Mahaveer University
- ISPNC-2020 February 7th–9th, 2020 THEME : ROLE ...
- College of Nursing, TMU organizing a two days N...
- College of Nursing, TMU, organizing,training on...
- The faculty and the students of M.Sc. Nursing 1...
- Awareness Program On World Mental Health Day 20...