An Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology (IAOMR) National Level Undergraduate Convention was organized by the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology at Teerthanker Mahaveer Dental College and Research Centre (TMDCRC), TMU campus was held on 9th March 2019.
The Chief Patron for this event was Mr Suresh Jain Hon. Chancellor, Mr Manish Jain Hon. Vice-Chairman along with other dignitaries including Prof. R K Mudgal Vice-Chancellor, TMU, Prof. Raghuvir Singh, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, TMU, Dr Manish Goyal, Principal, TMDCRC, and Dr Aditya Sharma, Joint Registrar – Governance, TMU. The Chief Guest for this Convention was Prof. Vivek Raman, Registrar, TMU during the morning inaugural session while for the valedictory address was expressed by Dr Aditya Sharma, Joint Registrar – Governance, TMU.
The guest speakers for this convention were the renowned Dr N Gnanasundaram, Professor, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology and Former Principal of Government Dental College, Chennai as well as Dr L Ashok, Professor and Head, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Bapuji College of Dental Sciences, Davangere. The IAOMR office bearers who participated in this National Event included Dr Vishal Dang, President, IAOMR and Dr Satheesha Reddy, Secretary, IAOMR.
Faculty and student delegates participated overwhelmingly in this event from over nine states across the country. The total number of registrations crossed a whopping figure of 360. A total number of over 60 scientific papers and posters were presented by undergraduate and postgraduate students across the Country. Keynote lecture by Prof. N Gnanasundaram highlighted the importance of Oral Diagnosis in the Dental Practice. Following this, a rapid session of Quiz Competition was hosted by Dr N Gnanasundaram with over seven teams participating from various colleges across the country. The winners of the scientific sessions and quiz competitions were later rewarded with certificates. The event concluded with valedictory followed by the vote of thanks, concluding the event. A gala banquet was organized in the late evening followed by dinner.
During this Convention, a trade fair was simultaneously held. Three pharmaceutical companies participated in the event.
Such scaled events are regularly organized by the TMDCRC management to keep their students involved actively about the latest developments and knowledge in the field of dental. Progressive steps for enriching the students better and contributing best professional for the community is the only goal of TMDCRC. Hence it ranks as one of the top private institute for dental programs.
The college is listed among the top 50 institutes in India for dental education and among the top 10 in the Uttar Pradesh. Students are widely supported and encouraged for their personal growth and professional practice not just by the teachers and seniors but by the university and college management too.
The committee comprised of :
- M K Sunil, Professor & Head of Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Organizing Chairman.
- Ravindra S V, Professor, Organizing Secretary.
- Upender Malik, Professor, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Scientific Chairman.
- Roopika Handa, Reader, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Treasurer.
- Anudeep Raina, Reader, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Scientific co-chairman. Dr.GarimaYeluri, Reader, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Registrations Incharge.
- Anjali Nayak, Reader, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Reception Committee.
- Sneha Choudhary, Senior Lecturer, Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Reception Committee.
- Anamika and Dr. Vikas, Reader, Department of Public Health Dentistry.