E-Cell: Teerthnaker Mahaveer University
An entrepreneurship Cell or E- Cell is a group of students who get together to practice and promote entrepreneurship in their campus communities. They are committed and driven to thinking and acting entrepreneurially and to explore entrepreneurship as a career option and a way of life.
What does an E- Cell do?
The big idea behind an E- Cell is to foster an environment that enables students to:
- Think creatively.
- Learn about innovation and new ideas.
- Build knowledge and skills to translate ideas into opportunities.
- Apply these skills and training in the programs organized by the E- Cell in the workplace.
- Be motivated to start their own companies after graduation or after a few years of gaining industry experience.
Primarily the E- Cell has three distinct functions: Organization, Network & Experiential learning programs and activities
- Become a leader- manage a student organization, illustrate abilities in planning, logistics, marketing, and advertising, create visibility for future employers.
- Build a network- make contacts with entrepreneurs, professionals and academics who can help with recommendations, network and start a venture with peers.
- Initiate innovative activities- invite business leaders to campus, plan new and exciting events for students to kick-start learning about new industries and different aspects of business planning.
Programs & Activities
Experiential learning activities including lectures/talks, workshops, games, events and competitions play a very important role to make entrepreneurship education relevant and holistic. These help students to:
- Increase their awareness of and interest in entrepreneurship.
- Develop basic knowledge and skills for entrepreneurial success while they are on campus.
- Be inspired to consider entrepreneurship as a possible career option.