Faculty of Engineering
Report on “Industry- Academia Interaction Program”
CII & NSDC Dated February 4, 2019
CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) & NSDC (National Skill Development Council) jointly organized an Industry-Academia Interaction program on Feb 4, 2019 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Various representatives from NSDC, Industry and Academia took part in it. The focus of this whole interaction program was how to train and retain technical workforce.
While introducing the scheme”National Apprenticeship Promotion”, NSDC was looking forward for cooperation with various Industries for providing Apprenticeship. Various issues such as opportunities available to trainee, their lack of seriousness and higher attrition rate were found to be the main concern of Industries.
Industries under Clean and Green sectors focused on emerging technological landscape and stressed ontraining to their workforce accordingly. Major thrust has been given on E-mobility courses by Speakers from Automobile sector. It is to be noted that Paint industries were giving more emphasis for skilled students in their respective lines.
According to them huge demand of skilled workforce per year has been projected. The gist of whole program aimed at bringing Government, Industry and Academia on the same page to create synergy. This interaction program helped us to get idea of present demand of the Industries.
Raghvendra Kumar Singh(EED, FoE), Mr. Tushar Deep Saxena (EED, University Polytechnic) and Mr. Shalabh Gaur(EED, University Polytechnic) participated in this event.
Some take-away of Industry-Academia Interaction:
- Weak aptitude and logical reasoning among the students is an issue.
- Support given by industries to academes institutions.
- Lack of practical knowledge in their respective fields.
- Lack of Awareness of modern technological developments.
- Seriousness of students during internship.
- More focus on E-mobility, Embedded, CNC, Clean Energy solutions and Robotics as they change the future scenario of Industrial operations.
- Problem solving skills.
Suggested future Action:
- Ongoing Aptitude and developing problem solving skills (logical reasoning classes along with general knowledge classes to fill the gap).
- Organize CNC, 3-D printing, Drone, Robotics trainings for students as a regular feature to develop needed skills.
- Focus on practical learning.
- Spread awareness through training and placement Coordinators and departmental Heads about importance of Industrial Internships and its role in their future career prospects.
- Appended some of the modern courses as per Industry.
- Helped in linking various industries under this interaction program held in Delhi and rope them up them for future capacity building and launching some program related to E-mobility…Read More
- Activities (7)
- Activities & Seminars (1)
- Alumni Events (3)
- Blogs (5)
- E-Cell Events (2)
- Events (21)
- Faculty (2)
- Featured (8)
- General (1)
- News Edition (96)
- Notice/News (116)
- Notice/News2 (4)
- Notices (17)
- NSS Events 2014-15 (8)
- NSS Events 2015-16 (3)
- NSS Events 2016-17 (3)
- Past Events (159)
- Press (1,603)
- Seminars (1)
- Social Initiatives (9)
- Students (1)
- Upcoming Events (4)
- Vacancies (7)
- A leader is a breeder & bearer of many res...
- The Teaching positions at the level of Assistan...
- Applications are invited from eligible candidat...
- ARDUINO DAY 2K19 Clic...