Formal methods in control (Munich, Germany)
We invite applications for a doctoral researcher position in the field of formal methods in control. The successful candidate is expected to advance theory of as well as computational methods for abstraction-based controller synthesis, to a degree that facilitates routine, fully automated, practical application of the approach to nonlinear continuous-state plants and complex specifications. The focus is on synthesis algorithms that are both efficient and formally correct.
The project involves theoretical work, algorithm and software development, and, on a small scale, experimental work. There is no teaching requirement and no coursework to be completed. Competitive salary is offered according to the tariff “TVOeD Bund, E 13”.
- MSc degree (or equivalent, giving access to doctoral studies) in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field. Students about to complete their MSc will also be considered.
- Excellent academic record, showing a strong theoretical/mathematical background and a strong interest in dynamical systems.
- Proficiency in programming (C or Ada/SPARK).
- Excellent communication skills in English (CEFR level C1).
In addition, experience in one of the following fields would be a plus: Setvalued or validated numerics; dynamic programming; formal methods in control;
reactive synthesis; professional-grade software development.
Your complete application consists of the following documents, which should be sent as a single PDF file to the email address given below (deadline: Feb 15, 2016): CV with photo; one-page cover letter (clearly indicating available start date as well as relevant qualifications, experience and motivation); university certificates and transcripts (both BSc and MSc degrees); contact details of up to three referees; possibly an English language certificate and a list of publications. All documents should be in English, with the exception of university certificates and transcripts, which may also be in German. The position is open to applicants worldwide; no special security clearance necessary.
Subject: PhD ref 1777
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Institute of Control Engineering
One Response to “Ph.D. Position (Munich, Germany)”
Leave a Reply
- Activities (7)
- Activities & Seminars (1)
- Alumni Events (3)
- Blogs (5)
- E-Cell Events (2)
- Events (21)
- Faculty (2)
- Featured (8)
- General (1)
- News Edition (96)
- Notice/News (116)
- Notice/News2 (4)
- Notices (17)
- NSS Events 2014-15 (8)
- NSS Events 2015-16 (3)
- NSS Events 2016-17 (3)
- Past Events (159)
- Press (1,603)
- Seminars (1)
- Social Initiatives (9)
- Students (1)
- Upcoming Events (4)
- Vacancies (7)
- A leader is a breeder & bearer of many res...
- The Teaching positions at the level of Assistan...
- Applications are invited from eligible candidat...
- ARDUINO DAY 2K19 Clic...